[pacman-dev] Patch decisions required

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 6 23:31:04 EST 2013

Dan/Dave,

I'd like comments on these patches - which at least to me are not
obvious whether to include or not.  A simple yes/no/fix would be good.

>From patchwork:

* pacman: print version information in debug output
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/114/

* removed duplicate macros SYMEXPORT and SYMHIDDEN from alpm_list.c,
using them from util.h
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/304/

* Remove "ts=2 sw=2" from Vim modelines for pacman-contrib
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/689/
(I think this was approved - Dan?)

* Remove tab width config from Vim modelines in doc/
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/690/
(I think this was approved - Dan?)

* Log if dbs are up to date, synced, or failed to sync
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/760/

* Move logging of sysupgrade start, add log when done
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/761/

* Exit with failure status if download or installation is not confirmed
https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/876/

>From the days before patchwork...:

* Skip reading sync db deltas files if UseDelta is unset
https://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/commit/?h=working&id=7c4c418a

* Quieten the build process some more
https://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/commit/?h=working&id=11046040