[pacman-dev] Pacman build is currently broken

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 9 21:18:38 EST 2013

On 10/02/13 08:09, Dan McGee wrote:
> Using the superior warnings of clang:

Fixed on my working branch.   --enable-warning-flags is also fixed.

This results in the following errors I do not know how to fix:

A bunch of these - in libalpm/pacman/util:

util.c:471:24: error: format string is not a string literal
      [-Werror,-Wformat-nonliteral]
                vsyslog(LOG_WARNING, fmt, args_syslog);
                                     ^~~
util.c:486:37: error: format string is not a string literal
      [-Werror,-Wformat-nonliteral]
                ret = vfprintf(handle->logstream, fmt, args);
                                                  ^~~

And some of these:

make: *** [testdb.o] Error 1
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '--param
ssp-buffer-size=4'
make: *** [vercmp] Error 1
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '--param
ssp-buffer-size=4'
make: *** [pacsort] Error 1

Can someone who cares about clang fix these?

Allan