[pacman-dev] Should pacman show just one download progress when a mirror uses redirection?

Alexandre Filgueira alexfilgueira at cinnarch.com
Mon Jan 7 18:39:22 EST 2013

Hi

I have a repo using redirections to let the server get the closest mirror
for the client using Mirrorbrain software. When configuring pacman to that
mirror, he follows the redirection as expected by using FOLLOWLOCATION in
curl opts, but he shows 2 download progress, I guess that one is for the
redirection and the last one for the file itself. So my question is...
should be look like that? or would be correct to detect redirections and
show just one download progress?

This is an example of what is writting pacman:

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y