[pacman-dev] Minor issues in lib/libalpm/dload.c

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Thu Jan 10 18:47:32 EST 2013

Hi,

The following 2 lines has caused me some problems:

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT, 1024L);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME, 10L);

When I bring my laptop at job, I find myself behind a weird corporate router/firewall that throttle down the speed to ~ 1B/sec for the first 10 seconds possibly to reduce bandwidth usage (my personal explanation. People have time to cancel unwanted downloads).

This was making my pacman fail to sync any DB. It was just jumping from 1 mirror to another. To fix my problem, I just removed the 2 problematic 2 lines and now everything works like a charm.

I share my problem here because I understand that these lines are used to switch to a better mirror in case poor download are caused by the server.

I am wondering if I am the only and first user having this problem and how it could be solved cleanly for everyone upstream.

Making the option values configurable ? deactivable?

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.