[pacman-dev] [RFC] pacman, package introspection, and managing linking

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 15 10:06:54 EDT 2013

On 15/06/13 16:38, Simon Gomizelj wrote:
> So, this started off as a what-if and I have a sort of proof of concept
> working.
>
> It be cool if pacman tracked the required and provided sonames.  Now
> I realize that versioned deps have been discussed and decided against,
> but tracking these lower level dependencies could provide some
> additional and useful information to the database.

You should also write something that detects shebangs and adds the
correct dependencies for them too...   Then you will be close to RPM.

Issues that immediately come to mind:
 - dlopen  (the list is incomplete)
 - optdepends  (the list is too complete)
 - Allan likes this even less then sodeps...

Allan