[pacman-dev] [translation] pacman-4.1

Andrew Gregory andrew.gregory.8 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 10:19:35 EDT 2013

On 03/10/13 at 03:58pm, Samed Beyribey wrote:
> On Sunday, March 10, 2013 01:49:50 PM Allan McRae wrote:
> > Hi translators,
> >
> > I have pushed the updated translation files to Transifex for the
> > pacman-4.1 release.  I aim to make the release before the end of the
> > month, so it would be great if translations could be finished in the
> > next two weeks.
>
> There's a typo in pacman.pot:
> "invalid agument '%s' for %s\n"
>                 ^^

In case anybody else is confused by the arrows not lining up with
a monospace font, the typo is 'agument'

> And I've a question about a string:
>
> "unable to %s directory-file conflicts\n"
>
> What does %s stand for there?

'%s' is replaced with '--force'.  '--force' is substituted in because
it's an option which should not get translated, but that does kind of
make the string unclear.  We should probably include it for context
and rely on translators knowing to leave it as is.

apg