[pacman-dev] [translation] Wtf does pacman say?

Matthias Gorissen matthias at archlinux.de
Fri Mar 15 11:28:09 EDT 2013

We are almost done with the .de version, but there are at least two
show-stoppers - I simply cannot figure out what it means.

"%s optionally requires %s\n"
I assume that we are talking about packages, but even if I should be
wrong, I do not really see how something optional can be required.

And in libalpm we find:
"could not stat file %s: %s\n"
Maybe this is very transparent to programmers, but to me, it is not.
Are we talking about statistics, about static links, or anything I don't
even ever heard about?

Devs could be a little more verbose, at times. Any comment will be
appreciated.