[pacman-dev] updpkgsums read/write collision

David Macek david.macek.0 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 17:40:38 UTC 2014

On 14. 12. 2014 17:53, Dave Reisner wrote:
> I don't really understand this. You're saying that the PKGBUILD itself
> isn't subst'd, but the underlying device that it resides on? That sounds
> an awful lot like a deficiency in the underlying implementation (or some
> problem with cygwin's handling of such drives).

It's possible. I'll present this issue to cygwin devs.

> Not having used Windows as a day-to-day OS in last 5-6 years, I have no
> idea how to do this, nor can I easily test it. Patches welcome for such
> an approach.

The only solution I found so far was to use WINAPI QueryDosDevice, which I don't think is appropriate for pacman as a cross-platform application that doesn't directly deal with drives and filesystems.

> So, the implemenation is the way it is right now because I didn't want
> to play games with temporary files (and the naming problems that come
> along with it). I already conceded to making a tempdir for the purposes
> of keeping the build directory clean, so I suppose I can be persuaded to
> use a tempfile for the newly rewritten PKGBUILD.
>
> Does this patch fix your problem?
>
> https://paste.xinu.at/oKQMN/

Yes, it does. It would help if it was merged into upstream pacman.

--
David Macek