[pacman-dev] Feature request: Dependency versions in .SRCINFO

David Macek david.macek.0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 21:50:46 UTC 2014

Hi all.

I'd like to propose including package versions in the list of package dependencies (both depends and makedepends) in .SRCINFO. The versions would be the ones currently installed on the system makepkg is running on. The goal is to provide more information about the environment where the package was built (for example to check if the dependencies were up to date at the time of the build).

I'm not sure if this is useful in Arch Linux use cases (it seems from my IRC conversations that every package in Arch is rebuilt once its dependencies are updated), but I hope someone else could consider this a useful feature.

I'm not sure if the information is better provided in .PKGINFO, .SRCINFO, or both.

--
David Macek