[pacman-dev] Mtree parsing v5

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 13 22:29:52 EST 2014

On 14/02/14 10:47, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 10/02/14 16:04, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 10/02/14 05:24, Florian Pritz wrote:
>>> I hope I incorporated all suggestions. Most patches didn't change,
>>> but I'm submitting them anyway for an easier (hopefully final) review.
>>
>> Looks good from a quick read to me, apart from that comment I made on
>> the final patch.  I'm low on time this week, so will take a better look
>> and pull if all good later.
>>

> Umm...   Can someone look into this?
>

>> pacman -S filesystem
> warning: filesystem-2013.05-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
> resolving dependencies...
> looking for conflicting packages...
>
> Packages (1) filesystem-2013.05-2
>
> Total Installed Size:  0.01 MiB
> Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB
>
> :: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
> (1/1) checking keys in keyring
> [######################] 100%
> (1/1) checking package integrity
> [######################] 100%
> [######################] 100%
> error: error while reading mtree of package
> /home/arch/pkgcache/filesystem-2013.05-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz: mtree
> specification has different type for ./bin
> error: failed to commit transaction (libarchive error)
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

And I believe this is a libarchive bug:

$ pacman -Qk filesystem
filesystem: 90 total files, 0 missing files

$ pacman -Qkk filesystem
filesystem: 1 total file, 0 altered files

It is bailing out in -Qkk too...

It turns out that libarchive checks the files on the filesystem to fill
in gaps in the mtree data.  It uses fstat...

Allan