[pacman-dev] Small fix in NEWS, sped to speed

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Jun 11 02:11:32 EDT 2014

* Pablo Lezaeta <prflr88 at gmail.com> [2014-06-11 02:01:23 -0400]:
> The actual fix is because in some places sped is an insult, so we not
> want insult here, and I not thing and insult is what is supposed belong
> here.

"Sped" is just the past tense of "to speed":
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sped

So it does fit in with the other lines "Added/Renamed/Sped up/...".

According to urbandict:

    a derogatory term meaning retard. comes from the phrase special
    education

Oh well. Still, FWIW I'd have read this as normal english, not as some
slang term where it also happens to be an insult.

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc