[pacman-dev] Comments with `)' are either broken or disallowed

lolilolicon lolilolicon at gmail.com
Wed May 14 01:02:46 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Connor Behan <connor.behan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/14 10:25 PM, lolilolicon wrote:
>> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM, lolilolicon <lolilolicon at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Anyway, maybe we can ask bash to pre-formalize the PKGBUILD a little
>>> bit so be can parse it more confidently com, by using abination of
>>> `set -x` and `typeset`.
>> don't know how it got messed up there, should have been "by using a
>> combination of".
>>
>> actually, we can simply use typeset alone too. With `typeset foo` and
>> `typeset package_{one,two}`. etc etc.
>>
> I went searching for a way around this and found your thread
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85726. Has someone tried to
> get "source only variables" accepted upstream in bash?

Wow, that was long ago. I don't think anyone has requested that, but
there don't seem to be a case for it either. There probably is no way
to separate variable assignments out cleanly from the soup, because
variable assignments can be complicated, such as var=$(func), or when
flow control such as if-else makes assignments conditional. etc. etc.