[pacman-dev] What to do with pacsysclean and pacsize?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Nov 20 05:33:33 UTC 2014

pacsysclean is broken... In short it only looks for KiB in output to
assess file size, whereas pacman now outputs the correct thing. See [1].
 No-one has bothered to fix this.

pacsize was submitted as a replacement [2]. It currently works, but is
another tool that parses pacman output.

I think we should remove pacsysclean and not add pacsize.  There is
expac available (and potentially being added to the pacman codebase for
the next release).  [I am told expac can do the same thing but I don't
know how...]

Opinions?

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41531
[2] https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/2030/