[pacman-dev] download interrupt mechanism

Guillaume guillaume at manjaro.org
Tue Aug 25 19:21:50 UTC 2015

To not block the GUI, I run trans_commit function in a g_thread and I can't use SIGINT signal. I have no way to correctly stop curl process. I propose to look for a particular value to do it as transaction functions do with TRANS_STATE_INTERRUPTED.Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> a écrit :On Aug 25, 2015 7:04 AM, "Guillaume Benoit" <guillaume at manjaro.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> working on a GUI frontend for libalpm, I noticed that download process
lakes for an internal interrupt mechanism. Download cancellation is only
handled by catching SIGINT signal.
> I think it would be a benefit for libalpm to have more correct download
interrupt mechanism like trans_interrupt handle package transaction
cancellation.

Could you explain more about why signal handling is non-ideal? What would
trans_interrupt do differently? What problems does this solve?

> I'm already working on a patch and I would like to know if you would
interested in adding this feature to libalpm.
> Regards.

Without knowing more details on what you're proposing, its hard to say.