[pacman-dev] Duplicated lines of "downloading foo.db..." with --noprogressbar

David Macek david.macek.0 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:05:22 UTC 2015

On 4. 5. 2015 14:55, Andrew Gregory wrote:
> I don't think this is the right solution.  The comments in
> dload_progress_cb suggest that the callback is not intended to be
> called until we have actually downloaded something. So, file_xfered
> should always equal 0 exactly once per downloaded file.  I think it
> makes more sense to fix dload_progress_cb.  We might also consider
> using the event callback rather than the download callback when
> noprogressbar is set.

Going back to the idea of using the event callback, that would consist of the following:
- add new event types (ALPM_EVENT_DBDOWNLOAD_START, ALPM_EVENT_DBDOWNLOAD_DONE, ALPM_EVENT_DBDOWNLOAD_FAILED)
- add new eventdata type (_alpm_event_dbdownload_t)
- fire the events from alpm_db_update

Do I understand it correctly?

--
David Macek