[pacman-dev] Fwd: What is passed to a hook's Action?

Eric Schultz schultzter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:46:07 UTC 2016

I've looked at the docs for alpm-hooks. I even tried looking at the code
but I'm not a C programmer so a lot didn't make sense to me.

What I'm wondering is what gets passed to the command in Exec of a hook?
And how is it passed? Are there variables we can put on the command line to
be passed as parameters? Does everything come through stdin? Or nothing at
all?

Looking at andrewgregory's pachooks github repository, info-install.hook in
particular, I get the impression things are passed via stdin. But I'm
looking for some official docs or word from the developers to go on.

Thanks,

--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

  Eric Schultz