[pacman-dev] unexpected no-op when repo-remove

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 07:20:32 UTC 2016

Fragment starting line 576 in repo-add/remove, pacman 5.0.0-1

                       case $cmd in
                               repo-remove)
                                       # only a missing "db" database is currently an error
                                       # TODO: remove if statement
                                       if [[ $repo == "db" ]]; then
                                               error "$(gettext "Repository file '%s' was not found.")" "$dbfile"
                                       fi
                                       exit 1
                                       ;;

I believe you mean for the “exit 1” to be inside the “then” section, not outside. When invoking “repo-remove”, this produced exit 1, no error message, and no visible action. Turns out it works as expected if I comment out exit 1.

Cheers,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst
upon2020.com @Johannes_Ernst GPG: http://upon2020.com/public/pubkey.txt