[pacman-dev] makepkg --pkg for selective installation of split packages

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Feb 14 21:37:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-14 15:31 -0500
Dave Reisner wrote:

>Note that you can now also use makepkg to list the names of the packages
>that it would generate, using the --packagelist flag.

I am going to use that as a workaround but even after splitting apart the
components (pkgname, pkgver, arch) and making sure that the name matches, it
will require assumptions about the package archive extension (or sourcing of
makepkg.conf, but that requires knowledge of which makepkg.conf was used to be
rigorous). Nothing comes close to the cleanliness of the --pkg option.

Incidentally, that option was also useful to avoid storing unwanted packages at
PKGDEST.