[pacman-dev] Please make the colourised output exactly like that of "pacman-color"

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 01:06:44 UTC 2016

Hi Allan,

I have become old and grumpy since then!

Okay, point taken: I did let it drag on a bit.  It wasn't all my fault,
though: I got sick of waiting for those other three patches to be merged in.

> Lets start with what is already justified by what we already have in
> pacman with the aim of improving consistency of our current colour
> scheme.  Further additions will need to be discussed separately.
>
> package names - bold  (in some places...)
> groups - blue
> repos - magenta
> versions - green
>
> So, I'd like separate patches:
>
> -Si/-Qi: just those changes
> -S group dialog: just those changes

Righto, you're the boss.  I've just created a patch for those switches
alone; I will post it to this thread soon.  I'll get back to you about the
other colours at a later date.

> -Qo/-Fo can have the same done
> and anywhere else that is currently not consistent.

As far as I can tell, the following switches need better colourisation.
Let me know if you disagree with any of this *before* I go ahead and create
the patch :-).

   - -Dk, -Dkk: the package name (but not the dependency) should be in
   bold, rather than quoted
   - -Qc: the package name should be in bold, rather than quoted
   - -Qg, -Sg: the group name should be in blue; the package name should be
   in bold
   - -Qk, -Qkk: the package name should be in bold
   - -Qo, -Fo: the package name should be in bold; the version number
   should be in green
   - -Qq, -Fq, -Sq: the package name should (possibly) be in bold
   - -T: the package name should (possibly) be in bold

--
Regards, Xavion.