[pacman-dev] Fwd: [arch-dev-public] Moving arduino into [community] important notes

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 27 00:16:06 UTC 2016

Issue described on pacman-dev:

The 2nd issue is when people try to upgrade from an older version of
arduino that provided arduino-builder. It will fail to install as the
new version says "oh, arduino-builder is already installed". It then
tries to remove arduino and the arduino-builder dependency is not
satisfied anymore. This only affects a small number of versions, but
still raise up on AUR. I am not sure if this got fixed in pacman by now.
-> To resolve this issue you need to remove arduino first and then
reinstall it.

>From what I can see, package A provides B, but in the next update, A and
B are separate packages.

Allan