[pacman-dev] [RFC] Make PKGBUILD attributes configurable

Dustin Falgout dustin at falgout.us
Sat Apr 22 22:53:02 UTC 2017

It would be great if there was a way to customize the list of PKGBUILD attributes supported by makepkg without having to edit the installed copy of makepkg. My use-case is mainly for use with the --printsrcinfo option but I'm sure it would be useful in other areas as well. I'd like to submit a patch for it but I thought it best to see what everyone thought about the feature before spending time on it. My initial thinking is that that simple text files with one attribute per line could be placed in /etc/makepkg.d. Perhaps something along these lines:

/etc/makepkg.d/attributes.single
/etc/makepkg.d/attributes.multi
/etc/makepkg.d/attributes-march.single
/etc/makepkg.d/attributes-march.multi

Looking forward to your comments and also any guidance on preferred implementation details.

--

Dustin Falgout

Email: dustin at falgout.us
Github: lots0logs