[pacman-dev] [RFC] Make PKGBUILD attributes configurable

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 04:08:54 UTC 2017

On 04/22/2017 11:33 PM, Dustin Falgout wrote:
> Well, TBH, it's news to me. I've never seen any documentation about
> what you are describing nor have I ever seen it mentioned anywhere
> online that I frequent. Do you have any links I can reference to know
> what you are talking about. I'm trying to understand how I should go
> about implementing what I proposed in the way that you suggested
> implementing such a feature should be done if it's done at all.

Well, to people hacking on the source anyway.

The whole idea of libmakepkg was that you can drop in new *.sh files
into the libmakepkg directory (because it is a "library") rather than
editing all that tightly-woven logic in /usr/bin/makepkg

Have you actually looked at what, for example,
/usr/share/makepkg/tidy.sh does to allow extendable tidy options?

How many different ways can I say "add code to automatically source
certain types of files, and expect those files to append items to an
array" without actually writing the code on your behalf?

> Sorry, there's not much I can do about it. I don't have any option to
> reply in the style that you are using with my client.

Use a client that doesn't suck, then.

--
Eli Schwartz