[pacman-dev] Potential bug in alpm-hooks; fix provided

git at stefan-klinger.de git at stefan-klinger.de
Mon Jan 2 18:20:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-Jan-02, Andrew Gregory wrote with possible deletions:
> On 01/02/17 at 05:10pm, Stefan Klinger wrote:
> > I've noticed that exactly one `Exec` directive is allowed in
> > alpm-hooks(5).  Instead, multiple occurrences are silently
> > ignored.
> > I think raising an error would be best
>
> Multiple "assignments" are not going away.  Triggers can have multiple
> Targets and forcing people to cram them all on one line is a terrible
> idea.  This is also how multi-value options in pacman's configuration
> are parsed.

Ok, if that actually is usual behavior in ini-style files, so be it.
Could we print a warning if information is lost by reassigning Exec?
I have updated my proposal [1] accordingly.

--
Stefan Klinger, Ph.D. -- computer scientist                o/X
http://stefan-klinger.de                                   /\/