[pacman-dev] Correct alpm version to bind to?

Colin Woodbury colingw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 03:12:25 UTC 2017

Hi all, I'm the Aura dev. I'm writing alpm bindings for it, and I got a
fair distance through before I realized that my up-to-date paper copies and
the version of `alpm.h` actually bundled with pacman on my machine are
quite different. The local one (/usr/include/alpm.h) is dated 2016 and has
types / function signatures that vary a fair amount from what's currently
on master, although they both report their versions to be 10.0.1.

Is the most recent alpm supposed to be bundled with pacman? What
incarnation of alpm does our installed pacman (5.0.1-5 as of this writing)
bind to itself? Which version should be considered the "ground truth" for
people writing bindings?

Thanks,
Colin