[pacman-dev] [Feature Suggestion] Option to install packages one-by-one when upgrading

Lakshay Garg lakshayg373 at gmail.com
Sun May 28 04:28:15 UTC 2017

> Downloaded packages are still in your cache and won't need to be
> downloaded again on your next -Syu unless they're already corrupted;

Trying to run pacman -Syyu again after downloading the packages does
not upgrade the packages and give some message about packages being
corrupted.

> blindly running -Scc you're doing exactly the thing you're trying to
> avoid. (The best thing you can do to save data is ceasing to
> unnecessarily pass -y twice every time you upgrade.)

I tried to upgrade without running pacman -Scc first but I still get the
same message about packages being corrupted.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

--
Lakshay