[pacman-dev] Parallel download patch

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 14 02:04:46 UTC 2018

On 09/03/18 17:35, lesto fante wrote:
> Hello,
> I prepared a couple of alternative method to invoke parallel download but
> ONLY for external tool (xfer) and not for internal curl.
>
> I would like to have a feedback so I can eventually fix them. You can find
> patch file and explanation of the methodology used here;
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20056?project=3

The primary target for development in terms of download is the internal
(libcurl) downloader.  I will not consider patches for implementing
multiple transfers via XferCommand until it is implemented in the
internal downloader. The implementation for both will overlap somewhat
and maintaining support for non-basic features of the external
downloader will never take precedence over implementing new features for
the internal downloader.  So I prefer not to implement a feature that we
may deliberately break the remove in the future.

Allan