[pacman-dev] Any final changes?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun May 13 23:52:33 UTC 2018

On 13/05/18 13:23, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 05/12/2018 09:21 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> I am about to call the final freeze.   Anything final to add that I missed?
>
> Well, I'd kind of like my modeline changes to go in, since technically
> they're the continuation of a patchset from over a year ago.
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2017-January/021819.html
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2017-January/021829.html

OK.

> I still think
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2018-April/022433.html
> should be added, but see my response there.

As discussed on IRC, I think this needs more time. We need to figure out
the idea way of handling sources with the same name in different
architectures (if any is actually needed - it could be user handled...)
and this may also overlap the sources in subdirectories idea.  I'd
prefer this to miss the 5.1 release so we don't implement a solution now
that may need to change in the next release.

Allan