[pacman-dev] pacman --print bug

AstroSnail astrosnail at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:03:16 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:27 AM, Andrew Gregory <andrew.gregory.8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would you consider correct behavior?

I think the simplest changes from current behaviour would be just
cosmetic:

Failing to prepare for a transaction with --print sounds off.
Perhaps just saying dependencies can't be satisfied would be better,
though I don't consider this a major problem since it's easy to
understand and doesn't stand out very much.

The -Rcp example, however, surprised me. I'd consider making the
-Rcp example print more like the -Rc example, for one to make it
more consistent with -Rp, for two to actually tell the user what
the HoldPkgs are. The prompt shouldn't appear, and instead simply
say that a HoldPkg was found in the target list.