[pacman-dev] New Optional Dependencies Aren't Logged.

Andrew Gregory andrew.gregory.8 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 17:15:35 UTC 2019

On 03/17/19 at 04:49pm, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Based on your description, this sounds like a case of "I was mildly
> > curious about something this one time
>
> No, it would have been useful to know.  There's no need to overly weaken
> it.

I'm not trying to weaken anything; you simply haven't told us why you
needed the information beyond "I wanted to".  If there was an actual
problem you were trying to solve, describing it might help us come up
with a better solution.

> > I understand the desire, but there are already tools to find what a
> > package optionally depends on and what optionally depends on a
> > package.
>
> Have you one in mind?  It's not pactree(1), I checked that first.

Depends somewhat on exactly what you need.  Based on the information
you have provided, it sounds like -Qi/-Sii would have been enough, but
paccheck would be another potentially useful tool.