[pacman-dev] Making a beta release

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:44:30 UTC 2020

Hi

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 6:52 AM Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the parallel downloader implementation roughly done, I'd like to
> make a beta release for some wider testing.
>
> Is there anything that people particularly want to land before such a
> testing release?

The idea of a beta release sounds great to me. Having more time for
testing will help to stabilize the features that were made for pacman
6.0 release.

One item that I would like to clarify is a state of detached
signatures support. At this point we have detached signatures
generated and provided as a part of Arch repos. And we also have
detached signatures support in pacman source code but it is not
enabled by default yet. We should look at enabling detached signatures
support to make sure this codepath is thoroughly tested.