[pacman-dev] Remove skipped warning message for already installed packages when --needed is specified?

Daan De Meyer daan.j.demeyer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:05:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

I recently added --needed to pacman's invocation in mkosi but noticed
that even when --needed is specified, pacman still prints warning
messages for packages that it's skipping because they are already
installed. My intuition was that by enabling --needed, I was
explicitly telling pacman that there might be packages that are
already installed in the packages that I'm installing and that I want
to skip those and not be warned about them. The skipping works fine
but I still get warnings. Would it make sense to remove the skipped
warning message for packages that are already installed when --needed
is specified since the user is explicitly requesting this behavior?

Cheers,

Daan