[pacman-dev] directory permissions differ

Ronan Pigott rpigott314 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:23:37 UTC 2020

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if we can remove this embedded newline in the warning
message:

   "directory permissions differ on %s\n"
                                      ^^
   "filesystem: %o package: %o\n"

Going through my pacman logfile, the "filesystem: ..." line is the
only one that starts a line without the usual timestamp and caller
tags. It makes it slightly more annoying to parse with awk/sed or
whatever and doesn't serve much of a purpose afaict.

My suggested change would be:

   "directory permissions differ on %s, "
   "filesystem: %o package: %o\n"

I can submit a patch if you'd like.