[pacman-dev] Translation of man pages

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 3 04:08:56 UTC 2021

On 22/5/21 2:51 am, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the translation help page [1] says:
>
> ---
> There are currently no efforts underway to include translated manual
> pages in the pacman codebase. However, this is not to say translations
> are unwelcome. If someone has experience with i18n man pages and how
> to best include them with our source, please contact the pacman-dev
> mailing list at pacman-dev at archlinux.org.
> ---
>
> OK, then let me introduce my approach.

<snip>

Thanks - this approach looks good to me.  We had someone on IRC suggest
the same approach independently of this patch too!

Just checking before I pull all this together:

1) are you happy is I use your name and email in the commit log.

2) are the translated manpages published under any license?  Just making
sure that importing them does not create issues...

3) are there languages other than German, Brazilian Portuguese and
French already available?