[pacman-dev] [Proposal] Hold the first working mirror when downloading

Marco Rubin marco.rubin at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:39:47 UTC 2021

Hello, I'd like to propose a change to pacman, but I don't know if someone is already working on it for the next release. I think it would be useful if pacman could hold the first working mirror when downloading updates. Yesterday I was upgrading all my packages and, for some reason, the first five mirrors timed out after a few seconds, so every time pacman was downloading a package, it checked all the mirrors from the beginning until it found one where to grab the updated package. I had many old packages so this process quickly became a little frustrating, and to me it would have been faster if it remembered the first working mirror instead of checking all of them every time.