[pacman-dev] [PATCH] libalpm: fix alpm_fetch_pkgurl with a fetch callback

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue May 18 01:47:44 UTC 2021

On 5/5/21 11:54 pm, Guillaume Benoit wrote:
> v2: I choosed to create another alpm_download_payload struct to only expose
> required fields to the API, alpm_cb_fetch callback now has this struct
> as argument.
> Those are the only API changes.
> I also rewrote the download_with_xfercommand function in pacman code.
> What is fixed:
> - download from an url with a fetch callback for any front-end
> - download from an standard url with pacman with a xfercommand
> What is not fixed:
> - download from an url, with pacman with an xfercommand, when this url
> doesn't
> contain the filename like
> https://archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/pacman/download/
> ---
>  lib/libalpm/alpm.h  |  30 ++++++-
>  lib/libalpm/dload.c |  36 ++++----
>  src/pacman/conf.c   | 202 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
>  3 files changed, 193 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

I have had a look at this patch.  Likely a step in the right direction,
but there is a decent amount of work to be done too.

I have decided this is not going to make the release.  The patch is not
ready so more changes will need made, and this will drag out a release
that is otherwise good to go. This is also a massive change after the
freeze was called, and the issue was present in at least pacman-5.2.
Given we had no bug reports in 18 months, so I don't consider it
critical, or even high priority.

I'll put this as one of the first things on my post-6.0 list.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list