Runtime dependencies not required for building

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at whynothugo.nl
Mon Aug 1 16:37:12 UTC 2022

Some packages I maintain have a lot of runtime dependencies that are not
required at build time (this is common for packages which only ship scripts and
have no tests).

When building on a clean chroot, I have to wait for hundreds of megabytes in
packages to be copied and installed. This is rather inefficient, since these
are not required. However, the `makedepends` ARE required in this case, but
there is no overlap.

I'd like some way to indicate that a PKGBUILD does not require its runtime
dependencies for building the package.

Perhaps something like `options=(!depends)`

I'd like to hear feedback on this, thoughts?

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera