makedepends field of alpm_pkg_t

Colin Woodbury colin at fosskers.ca
Fri Jul 15 22:47:13 UTC 2022

Hi guys, I have a brief question about the `makedepends` field of the
`alpm_pkg_t` type. Try as I might, I'm unable to get this field to
report anything (i.e. a non-empty alpm_list) for installed packages
originally from the AUR that definitely had makedepends. This seems to
be the case even when those makedepends are still installed.

Under what circumstances should this field be expected to yield results?
To be clear, I'm accessing it via the top-level `_pkg_get_makedepends`
function.

Thanks,

Colin