2011/2/4 Dan McGee firstname.lastname@example.org:
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Ionuț Bîru email@example.com wrote:
On 02/04/2011 08:41 PM, Ángel Velásquez wrote:
Talking with Andrea on irc he told to us (Ionut, me and the rest who were present) that he would like to wait until 5.5.9 is out.
AFAIK 5.5.9 haven't setted a release day yet, so can we move this and then wait for the 5.5.9?, I think doing this rebuild and wait for 5.5.9 without know if it will be released on two months or so is too much, if somebody know when will be the release date please tell us and can we planify then, but now mysql rebuild is stucked on [testing].
I vote for move this to [extra] I can take the responsability if it's needed to check bugs of mysql package until Andrea is back from exams
does this update needs some manually steps that have to be done?
does a simply pacman -Syu && /etc/rc.d/mysql restart do the job?
I believe running mysql-upgrade is recommended after the restart as well.
As Dan's pointed just need a pacman -Syu && mysql-upgrade && /etc/rc.d/mysql restart , I've tried on two machines on production, and my workstation for weeks and it's working just fine,
Maybe we can write a news about it (because some people usersread .install messages :P)