On Friday 04 February 2011 16:41:06 Ángel Velásquez wrote:
Talking with Andrea on irc he told to us (Ionut, me and the rest who were present) that he would like to wait until 5.5.9 is out.
AFAIK 5.5.9 haven't setted a release day yet, so can we move this and then wait for the 5.5.9?, I think doing this rebuild and wait for 5.5.9 without know if it will be released on two months or so is too much, if somebody know when will be the release date please tell us and can we planify then, but now mysql rebuild is stucked on [testing].
Yes, I'd like to wait until 5.5.9, but I understand that we don't know when MySQL devs will release it.
I just added two patches to our MySQL in [testing], I didn't rebuild it so you can add something else or write a better post_install message. :)
I vote for move this to [extra] I can take the responsability if it's needed to check bugs of mysql package until Andrea is back from exams
Thank you. If you take the responsability I vote +1 for the move and I'll try to be present as much as I can (will be hard).
Another note Angel: maybe in the announcement you should write that example, archive, blackhole and federated engine are now disabled.