-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256
On Wed, 6 Jan 2021, Quien Sabe via arch-ports wrote:
Following a system update this morning my puppet agent began failing.
I am sure there are probably more package that need rebulding but fact is now missing these shared library rquirements $ ldd libfacter.so | grep 'not found' libicudata.so.67 => not found libicui18n.so.67 => not found libicuuc.so.67 => not found libicudata.so.67 => not found libicui18n.so.67 => not found libicuuc.so.67 => not found libicudata.so.67 => not found libicui18n.so.67 => not found libicuuc.so.67 => not found
yes, we have icu issues, lately: A lot of packages were rebuilt *before* the icu update or not rebuilt at all. We rebuilt facter and leatherman and pushed it to the stable repositories - it should work, now.
I created symlinks to the .68 versions of the library which apparently came with the system update which resulted in this error sudo ruby -W0 /usr/bin/puppet config print config libfacter was not found. Please make sure it was installed to the expected location. /usr/lib/libboost_regex.so.1.72.0: undefined symbol: u_isspace_67 - /usr/lib/libfacter.so
As you noticed, creating symlinks is not a very good idea. Sometimes it works, but just as often, it doesn't. If you're in desperate need for an old version of a library, you can untar it manually from the package in your cache. But the right thing is really to downgrade temporarily and bother us to fix the issue at the root.
I searched https://archlinux32.org/ thoroughly and the closest place I found to report an issue was this mailing list.
The correct place to report this is (besides this ML, which is ok, but might not be optimal) our bug tracker at https://bugs.archlinux32.org or the irc channel #archlinux32 on freenode.net.