On Tue, 2021-06-22 at 10:42 -0400, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
On 6/22/21 9:49 AM, alad via aur-general wrote:
let me note my appreciation of your recent activity on various Arch community channels (e.g. IRC and mailing lists here). Whatever the outcome of this application, I hope you keep that activity.
IRC participation is going to keep coming in fits and starts. This is the way it has been for years. I get the bug and hang around for a few months, then get burried in some work and ignore it for a while and it takes 6 monhs before I log in again and see who's still chillin.
For mailing lists, obviously with TU responsibilities I'll have to monitor this list and a few others a bit more closely. I've subscribed and tracked several for many years, but embarasingly my subscription to arch-general had some mailer problem and I didn't even notice for ages until a couple weeks ago when I was writing my application. Oops!
- That DLAGENTS logic looks strange. I guess makepkg doesn't
support source links with both branch and tag?
This appears to be a homebrew implementation of the following rejected makepkg feature request: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/User:Apg#makepkg:_shallow_git_clones
- Googling "Xvfb yarn" gave me this rather amusing issue:
xvfb-run is probably easier here...
Thanks for this tip. I'll look into it for sure. I'll admit to having adopted and bumped this from the previous maintainer who was tired of dealing with it, but withouth overhauling it. I tried dropping the obviously hacky buts and it failed, but I haven't gotten around to really scrubbing it clean yet with at overhaul.
Again thanks to both of you for the tips. You can see I'm not the last packager of this however. I adopted it recently knowing that it was a disaster and started an overhaul, but ran into some unexpected problems updating the build,. I think they are upstream, but still working out the details. I'll be posting an overhaul to this when it works right.
Due to an internal implementation detail of makepkg, the package() function is run after sourcing the PKGBUILD again -- this time after lua is installed.
Yes, quite aware of this. Also aware that I've made that mistake before with Electron packages, and might still have a couple instances to fix! I've only in the last few months started to regularly check my builds in a chroot before posting. As you can imaginge that's been turing up quite a few things I previously overlooked.