[arch-dev-public] Updating base /etc files
aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 01:42:46 EDT 2007
On 3/31/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is split from the "iputils and traceroute" discussion on
> arch-dev, moving it to the public list, and splitting things out.
> The issue is that our stock /etc/services and /etc/protocols files suck.
> Here's what I'd like to do - rip these files out of the iputils
> package and stick them in the 'filesystem' package.
> We can then grab updated files from NetBSD:
> As proposed in this bug report: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6194
mailcap aside, I've made some package changes.
see here (pacman 3 only)
Server = http://archlinux.org/~aaron/repo/
* added /etc/protocols and /etc/services
* added empty /srv dir
* removed package specific skel files (bash and xinitrc, etc)
* updated to patchlevel 15
* added the patch level to the version number
* added skel files for bashrc and bash_profile
* upgraded to 20070202
* added in the 'traceroute' package
* SUID ping, ping6, traceroute, traceroute6
Still pending, related to these changes:
* move skel xinitrc and xsession to xorg-xinitrc
* move /etc/profile from bash to filesystem
* remove PS1 from /etc/profile
Lemme know if I covered it all.
More information about the arch-dev-public