[arch-dev-public] status of xfce-svn

Tom K tom at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 4 15:34:21 EDT 2007

Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/4/2, Tom K <tom at archlinux.org>:
>> Andreas Radke wrote:

>>> +1 to move those 2 packages even in this early state.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> xfmedia, maybe - although it is described as "beta-quality, and likely
>> has bugs" on its own website. I maintained it for a while in community,
>> and it never felt particularly solid.
>> xfburn? I see no reason why this should go in extra, when its own devs
>> don't even consider it stable enough to release at all.
>>
>> I'd put them both in unstable myself.
>
> Hm, what about squeeze then? Is it stable? (just asking)

Re the original question, I'd suggest you ask on tur-users if any TU
wants to maintain it in Community. If not, we can move it to Unsupported
for anyone to pick up there. Community would be preferable, of course,
but IMO it wouldn't be a bad result at all if an enthusiastic AUR user
maintained the PKGBUILDs in Unsupported, possibly accompanied by an
unofficial repo for the compiled packages. After all, that's how
Shadowhand started it off in the first place.

T.