[arch-dev-public] Move from /opt to /usr

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:48:27 EDT 2007

2007/4/6, Tobias Kieslich <tobias at justdreams.de>:
> Hi,
>
>        this is an old issue and I just talked to Jan about that. We both are
> all for that and will move gnome and xfce. Jan said kde needs some more
> investigation. It'll save us a whole lot of trouble in the long run.

Yeah, I remember that discussion.
I like /opt/{xfce4,gnome,kde,etc}
But that's not critical to me, and solving a lot of trouble is always good. :-)

> As far as xfce4 is concerned, 4.4.1 is expected to be there around the
> 9th of April. And I plan on using this to move over the whole
> repository. Just one more guess, when moving on to a newer repos layout,
> can we rename xfce4 to xfce, it's somewhat less limiting :P

+1 :)
I always disliked version numbers in package names.

JGC: any timeframe when gst-* could be eliminated and gstreamer0.10-*
could become just gstreamer-*? I mean how many apps still require
gst-* and is there any progress made by their upstream devs? (just
asking)

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)