[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.21 series hits testing

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 28 12:49:29 EDT 2007

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
> Hi
> kernel 2.6.21 series is now in testing, it will be the kernel series for next
> release so please test this stuff well before it can go into current
> repository.
>
> Changes:
> - latest alsa hg stuff added
> - updated patches to fit for .21 kernel
>
> - Recent Changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_21
>
> have fun and report
> Showstoppers:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6875
> thanks

> - kqemu seems to be broken (please confirm)

I will test that tonight.

- xfce4 battery meter seems broken (please confirm)

Why only xfce? If only one user reported that, I guess it is an ACPI
problem on this machine that is not xfce-specific, but rather
machine-specific (and the reporter happens to use xfce).
Due to the heavy ACPI changes in this release, this seems likely.

- ivtv is not building :(

If I get the time tonight, I will try to fix that, if I can.

Just FYI: It seems that the suspend2 bugs that prevented me from
releasing a kernel26suspend2 are now fixed, so I will release
kernel26suspend2 2.6.21 soon, with all patches that kernel26 has (as usual).

Based on an expected kernel26 testing period of one week, it seems
likely that we will be releasing Archlinux-2006.05.05 or so (+- a few
days. We should think of a cool codename for that: As I just heard,
pacman3 will be in current by the time kernel26 moves, the codename
should somehow be related to pacman. I hope someone can think of a cool one.