[arch-dev-public] new flac

Jeff Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 1 11:21:49 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> If they go to current directly instead,
> the packages that depend on it should be rebuilt during the same run of
> db-extra/db-arch. Wasn't this one of the reasons we have testing?

Any reason /arch/db-* can't/shouldn't run checkpkg themselves, and
force you to say "/arch/db-extra --force" or something if you want to
add something to the db that has a sobump?  It seems like namcap is
something you run locally to check out your package, but errors are
not blockers to release of a package a lot of the time.  checkpkg's
errors are almost usually a blocker to release.  I think if it has an
error in checkpkg, just send an email to arch-dev, and add it to
[testing] until everything is caught up.

This slight change in workflow will greatly increase the "stability"
of releases that everyone has been talking about on the
bbs/ml/#archlinux-meetings.

    //  jeff
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .