[arch-dev-public] new flac

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 1 11:49:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:43:27AM -0400, Paul Mattal wrote:
> Jan de Groot wrote:
> > Thanks for not using checkpkg to check that the soname bumped from .so.7 to
> > .so.8. We need to rebuild all packages that link to libflac. This should
> > have gone to testing, and you would have known if you had used checkpkg.
>
> I did use checkpkg. This is how I noticed this, and why I sent this email.
>
> It sounds like you expected I would do something different. If so, we
> should put that in a document somewhere so that we can all know what to
> do. If such a document exists, please point me to it.

http://archlinux.org/wiki/Package%20Upgrades/

of course no one pays any attention to that anymore, but it's the
thought that counts, right? Why run checkpkg and all that garbage every
time, keep it simple and record the ones you found so whoever upgrades
it next time will have a head start and know what they're getting
themselves into.

-S