[arch-dev-public] new flac

Phil Dillon-Thiselton dibblethewrecker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:00:06 EDT 2007

On 01/08/07, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com> wrote:

> So I would suggest we either need a better guide or less expectation
> that things will be uniform. I'm actually quite okay with the latter..
> people here just usually make things work when they see things broken.
> It all works out.

Making things work once they are broken is surely a time pressure that
none of us need?  Also, we seem to spend 90% of our time telling users
to be patient because we're trying to get it right, which doesn't seem
to fit well with the "if we break it we fix it" approach.

In my experience breakages cause more damage than long upgrade delays.