[arch-dev-public] 2007.08 Don't Panic Isos release

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Aug 6 11:20:06 EDT 2007

Monday 06 August 2007, Phil Dillon-Thiselton wrote:
 | On 05/08/07, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
 | > Hi Arch community,
 | > 5th August, 23:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
 | > Arch Linux Don't-Panic 2007.08 ISO release
 | http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=35971
 |
 | "I'd really like to hear a reasonable and serious answer."
 |
 | Good luck!

why not using it? if the software you use is coded correctly, this
should be absolutely no problem. the filename is translated and used
as a string with boundaries that of course may be ' and ' but your
script is known to mess with ' in a string you should substitute it.

i remember once writing a file-manager in php that suddenly wasn't
able to unlink a file that had a \' in filename. don't ask me how
somebody managed to put \' in a filename, but i fixed it. no reason
why ' should be a forbidden char. or is there?

- D

--
Damir Perisa
Master Student