[arch-dev-public] 2007.08 Don't Panic Isos release

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Wed Aug 8 15:20:40 EDT 2007

Wednesday 08 August 2007, eliott wrote:
 | ok. What the hell?
 |
 | This is ridiculous.
 | I think it is great that damir is off to fix all the software that
 | deals with escape characters poorly, but in the mean time, I feel
 | a need to find a resolution that isn't np-hard.
 |
 | It must be my development/engineering background.
 | Silly me being all practical.
 |
 | If nobody has any objections, I will change the iso filenames to
 | *not* include the ' character. I will probably have to contact the
 | guy who posted the torrents as well. It will be a hassle, but this
 | is so ludicrous that I am willing to do some extra legwork to fix
 | it.
 |
 | Any objections?

no objections. we actually even do not need to change things just tell
people that if they are in trouble they should report to that strange
dev (i.e. me) and rename their file before using it in inproperly
coded software.

but seriously: where else are the problems? besides graveman that is
in a major rewrite atm? are we (speaking broadly for all software
projects) not able to handle any filename chars in 2007?

greetings,
damir

--

                  <º)))><